1. Work an hour a week setting up the “author platform” of Twitter, Facebook, new blog, Goodreads.
2. Post at least 250 words at least once a week (not including ROW 80 check-in posts).
3. Spend at least two hours a day on writing, research, outlining; no external distractions.
4. Plan/outline 2 new essays.
5. Revise 4 essays already written.
In the way life has, it has kicked my creative writing to the curb. Goals 4 and 5 are professional writing that has to be done; I am taking the attitude that the habits in goals 1-3, once established, will serve me well in my creative life. For that matter, writing for an audience, no matter how distant and aloof, cannot hurt. Therefore, until I can turn to my fiction WIPs, I will bear a standard with the strange device / Exclesior (apologies to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow).